- How should I supervise the installation of electrical charging stations in the garage?
- What documents should I give or not give to a co-owner who requests access to them?
- What are the form requirements for the description of the private portion that must be filed in the register of co-ownership since June 13, 2020? Does the description comply with the law?
- What is the responsibility of a notary who has received a declaration of co-ownership that contains errors?
- Can I recover my insurance deductible from a contractor hired by a co-owner if the contractor is the cause of the water damage?
- Can I charge a co-owner whose bidet seat, ice maker, dishwasher, washing machine or air conditioner drain has leaked for repairs?
- Can I prohibit co-owners from smoking in their private areas?
- Can I pass a by-law against second-hand smoke throughout the building?
- How can I supervise the installation of floors in private areas without infringing on the rights and freedoms of co-owners?
- What should I say to a co-owner who wants to combine 2 units?
- Is it possible to transfer a portion of the common portions of the immovable to a co-owner or neighbour?
- Can a legal hypothec be published on all Phase 2 lots when the Phase 2 vertical syndicate does not pay its contribution to the horizontal syndicate?
- Against whom and until when can the relative values entered in the declaration of co-ownership be contested?
- Can I terminate the irrevocable mandate contained in the Declaration of Co-ownership?
- Can a co-owner sell a parking space to someone who does not own an apartment?
- How is the reduction in a promoter’s voting rights calculated?
- Does the board of directors have an obligation to follow the recommendations of a contingency fund study?
- Does illegally executed work have to be dismantled and if so, how soon can the syndicate demand it?
- Must a decision taken by the general meeting of co-owners or by the board of directors be enforced?
- Does my Declaration of Co-ownership include a non-subrogation clause in the insurance chapter, and what does this mean?
- What is the responsibility of former directors who have not duly completed the building’s maintenance log?
- What is the risk of a board of directors failing to deliver the requested documents to any promising buyer who is not yet a co-owner?
- Can a co-owner contest a decision of the board of directors or the meeting when he has not received the minutes?
- How can I obtain my building plans?
- What legal means are available to me to resolve a deadlock within my board of directors, whether or not I am a member?
- What do you advise to make my penalty clause as effective and binding as possible?
- What information do landlords have to give me when signing a new lease?
- Is my building subject to the mandatory New Home Warranty Plan and what is the process to be warranted?
- Being subject to the Optional Warranty Plan, what coverage and guarantees apply and what are my chances of success?
Where syndicates of co-ownership find answers to their questions.
Legal assistance and legal opinions
Condominium ownership brings its share of questions for the syndicate that administers the building. Our firm of lawyers and notaries represents many syndicates of co-ownership for legal advice and assistance.
Through our Legal Assistance and Advice and Legal Opinions section, we provide you with expertise and precise answers to the questions you may encounter as a syndicate of co-ownership, whether they concern a co-owner, a group of co-owners, a supplier, a municipality or a professional.
Examples of topics and issues covered by the Legal Assistance and Legal Opinions section
In order to provide precise answers to specific questions you may have as a syndicate of co-ownership, our team reads the declaration of co-ownership, the building’s by-laws and any other documentation provided. Our team’s advice and opinions are always based on the most recent jurisprudence and majority doctrine.
Here is a sample of the subjects that can be discussed during consultations with a syndicate of co-ownership and that we can help you with:
Request for legal consultation for legal assistance or legal opinions
To obtain a legal consultation and discuss with one of De Grandpré Jolicoeur’s lawyers or notaries, click on the link below.
Want to contact us for legal assistance, legal advice or a legal opinion?
Contact us today to receive legal assistance, legal advice or a legal opinion from De Grandpré Jolicoeur or to discuss your legal needs with a lawyer or notary on the team.